-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|678|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> On Topic -> SSL Options

Wed, 22 Feb 2017, 04:41
Jayenkai
Google's nagging away.

God forbid you could have a simple forum without bulking up the security via SSL protected pages.. FFS.
|!!ARGH| It's only a fucking forum, Google.. |ARGH!!|

So I've spent some time looking into SSL, and I can see two options.

1. Go via something like sslforfree.com.
They require that I update the keys and things, every 3 or 4 weeks.
And since I have 5 domains to protect, that means every month, having to fuck about with uploads, downloads, copy and pasting, 5 times..
And, realistically, Fuck that..

2. Pay GoDaddy, but I don't know exactly what that entails.
Will that also end up requiring me to piss about every damn month?!
Also, will one key protect all domains, or will I end up having to shell out the dosh for every domain!?

I don't know..
I'm not up on my 21st century web-dev.

What do you guys do, if at all!?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 22 Feb 2017, 06:10
rskgames
I use firefox so don't see any "Not Secure" message as seen in Chrome. My Domain service provider has a SSL option that can be applied to domains and all sub domains.
Wed, 22 Feb 2017, 06:13
cyangames
I buy mine from www.ssls.com/?fromCheapSSLs they're pretty cheap ~£4 a year.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Wed, 22 Feb 2017, 09:14
HoboBen
Yes god don't buy SSL through GoDaddy, its 10x the price.

Namecheap are good - about £7-9/year depending on exchange rate, they make it pretty easy to do and have really good tech support. Renew once a year.

edit: It looks like rychan's suggestion is owned by the same company as namecheap so go with either!

-=-=-
blog | work | code | more code
Wed, 22 Feb 2017, 09:40
rskgames
After further reading I find that Dedicated IP is required and that costs a lot more than the SSL cost.
Wed, 22 Feb 2017, 11:31
Jayenkai
Yeah, NameCheap seems ok.
https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates/comodo/positivessl-multi-domain.aspx
£25 a year for 3.. I'd have to add at least one more domain on top, though.
*sigh*

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''