-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|616|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Arting is hard.....

Sat, 20 Aug 2016, 14:18
cyangames
and time consuming! Particularly when you're not really an artist!

Sketch >

Line Art >

Base Colours >

Shading >

Eurghh...it's taken a while to get this far!

Right, back to my semi-lurking state again for a while until I've finished this off!

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Sat, 20 Aug 2016, 15:00
Jayenkai
Oooh, fancy!
And very much in a Deck-Of-Cards sort of a pose, too..

Might I ask the purpose?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 20 Aug 2016, 15:26
cyangames
Yeah, it's , oddly enough , for a friends save the date cards for their wedding next year.

He's asked me to do do it in a superhero / heroine style. Which, I've not really tried before, I'm yet to draw him as Super Man.....Oh gosh! I'll post the final thing over here once it's all finished though. It'll probably end up as a semi-anime style super man but I'll see how it goes

-=-=-
Sat, 20 Aug 2016, 16:14
Jayenkai
Good luck
Sat, 20 Aug 2016, 19:35
Pakz
I recently watched a number of videos on how the ipad pro pencil is so good for drawing. It beats wacom qintique in a number of things.
Though it is all very expensive for something i do not do a lot (drawing)

I did buy a wacom tablet a couple of months ago. The cheapest one. I used it for a number of hours with aseprite and my own sprite editor.

I have a lot of trouble with shading. Can not get my head around the 3d masses and the lightsource.

The girl looks rather good. It has kind of a fallout style to it. Imo.

I bought sprite something for the ipad and also find it nice to draw on the ipad with. I do find that on the pc the results are better.

I wish i had more inspiration so i get more drawing hours and maybe get better.
Sun, 21 Aug 2016, 14:39
cyangames
Thanks Pakz. I used to do a fair bit as a teenager / at uni but hadn't done any for a while, so it's been fun to try my hand again!

Frustratingly, it's a mouse hand, not much space here for a wacom sadly. How long did it take you to get used to it?

-=-=-
Sun, 21 Aug 2016, 15:23
Pakz
I bought my first wacom more then 10 years ago. It was a replacement for a cheaper Trust tablet which was quite buggy. I had lots of fun with the wacom but I lost the pencil at one point and stopped drawing al together. The plastic surface got quite worn from all the use then.

With the new one I need to get used to it again. Only used it for a number of hours yet. Doing pixel art at the moment. I still need to get used to the pencil buttons and buttons on the tablet itself.