-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|687|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> FIRE! FIRE!!

Sun, 01 May 2016, 20:06
Jayenkai
ALERT! ALERT!
BEEP BEEP BEEP!
WAKEY WAKEY!!

3:50am, and the smoke alarm starts bellowing out.
I grab my essentials. Dressing Gown, iPad, and unhook the NAS.
I'm ready to evacuate.

I reach the bedroom door, just as Mum gets there, too.

The Smoke alarm stops.

Silence..

We both, in a half-asleep daze, wander around the house, checking all the rooms for smoke/fire.

Nothing.

Not a bloody thing.

It's now 4:15, and there's no damn way I'll be getting back to sleep any time soon.
Feckin' smoke alarm.

Nnngh..

Suffice to say, the NAS will be clicking away for the next week and a half, after being unplugged like that!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 02 May 2016, 01:35
therevillsgames
Least you've got your priorities right
Mon, 02 May 2016, 02:15
Dabz
I was doing some work at Newcastle Uni, I had abit of a bad belly all morning, then I felt a rumble in my tummy, thought, I need to go... Sitting crimping one off in the building, the fire alarm goes off!

Thought sod it, I'm finishing this first, it was horrendous, job done though, wiped, strolled out the bog, along the corridor and went outside, there was a horde of people there... This woman came up whinging why I never left sooner, I told her I couldnt just "leave", she was going mental and was adament she wanted to know why I never evacuated the building when the alarm went off... I said "Do you really want to know", baring in mind there was loads of people there... She said "Yes I do"...

So, I told her the truth "When the fire alarm went off I was at the time sitting having a shit, a bad one too, and there was noooooo way I was instantly going to hitch up my underpants and rush out, because... I couldnt stop it... Happy?"

She took it well, people were giggling, it was let go!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Mon, 02 May 2016, 02:27
Jayenkai
LOL!
Mon, 02 May 2016, 04:22
steve_ancell
Nothing more important than a good jank. LMARO!
Mon, 02 May 2016, 05:33
rockford
Whatever happens finish your jobbie!! Lol

Was it just the battery needing changing Jay? They often start beeping when they are low on juice.
Mon, 02 May 2016, 06:07
Jayenkai
I don't think so. Normally that's more of a single beep every few minutes.
This was about a minute of sustained beeping, then... .. Silence!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 02 May 2016, 07:33
steve_ancell
I know what happened, the cat cracked one off and the gasses fooled the sensor. Hehe!
Mon, 02 May 2016, 08:09
Jayenkai
That sounds the most likeliest thing.
.. Except the cat was out, last night, so..
Um...
Either me or mum must've trumpeted!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 02 May 2016, 10:30
steve_ancell
It's probably nothing to worry about but did you check that none of the RCDs were tripped in the meter cupboard?, worth checking just incase any wiring or anything plugged into it has fried.