-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|699|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Film + TV -> BBC Bringing Back Comedies

Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 11:39
Jayenkai
The Great Sitcom Return ... Um.. Thing.. Linkage

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 11:39
GfK
If they're bringing Alf Garnett back they're going to get letters.
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 12:05
spinal
As long as someone tells me when hancocks half hour will be on, I don't mind what the others ever are.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 12:06
Jayenkai
Hopefully some of the shows will be given a new lease of life.
As much as I find Mrs Brown's Boys to be a bad sitcom, there's something to be said for the fact that it is actually a "proper" sitcom, with an audience, and all the joys that that brings.
Red Dwarf's 10+ return to audiences also shows that, when it comes to sitcoms, it's often better when done in front of a live audience.

Still Open All Hours came out of a Xmas (I think) test episode, and so now they're trying the same trick with a dozen or more old shows.
Whether any will survive to become new series, I'm not sure, but the fact that the BBC are once again attempting something of this style, is proof that they at least care about proper sitcoms.

A shame they don't seem to care about Red Dwarf, anymore, but...Meh, whatever, it's doing fine where it is!

Of course, ITV's managed the same thing bringing back Birds of a Feather. .. I've yet to bother watching a single new episode of that, but Mum's reported that it's fairly decent.
Benedorm, on the other hand, gets a great big thumbs down from Mum!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 12:19
rockford
The return of Birds Of a Feather on ITV has been excellent. It's brilliantly written, current and familiar all at the same time. Very touching at times and reminds you that everyone is human and has failings.

"Still Open All Hours" is very good too and a worthy update, although I can't help feel that Granville would never have turned into Arkwright in reality - he was always the foil, the voice of reason. Not so much nowadays. The old surviving cast as well as the host of new arrivals are all good too.

If there is one show I'd have loved to have had an update it would have been "The Good Life" Shame half the cast is now dead

The trouble with the above linked BBC "revivals" is that, other than the Alf Garnett shows, they are all currently being shown on Watch/W or UK Gold. They are all still incredibly watchable, but a diet of further repeats on the channel we actually pay for isn't good value for anyone's money. I want new stuff (or spinoffs), not warmed up leftovers from 30+ years ago.
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 12:29
Jayenkai
From the sounds of it, the "old scripts, recreated" will be exclusive to BBC Four, whilst the BBC One shows will be spinoffs, sequels, prequels and otherwise "new" shows.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 12:34
Dabz
I used to like this as a kid... Funky theme tune as well!

View on YouTube

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 12:51
Jayenkai
"Where's me Pudding?"

Fun Fact : The second Aveline is currently in Coronation Street, playing Roy Cropper's new love interest. (Or at least, I think that's who she is. I'm not a Corrie watcher!! )

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 13:01
GfK
Fun Fact : The second Aveline is currently in Coronation Street, playing Roy Cropper's new love interest. (Or at least, I think that's who she is. I'm not a Corrie watcher!!
Yep, she's in Coronation Street. She was also in Brassed Off, which Dabz probably knows all about.
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 13:08
Dabz

which Dabz probably knows all about.

Does indeed to be one of my fave films!

View on YouTube

William Tell Overture... Played by my fave brass band in the whole wide world!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 13:12
Jayenkai
KANE!!!!!!
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 13:19
Dabz
I still will never forget when me and the ex-wife went to see Grimethorpe at Grimsby... She was like 'Will there be people our age there?'

Also, the conductor said 'Next up, we are going to play you one of grimethorpes theme pieces, which I'm sure you all know, and we love playing this just as much as we know you love hearing it... Ladies and gentlemen... MacArthur Park'... Wifey next to me give it a proper fist pump while saying 'Yesssssssssss'... I mean, I love that tune as well, it's epic... But I wouldnt go as far as fist pumping mind... Laura just looked at me like... !

Dabz
---
Look what Daves made me do... I'm all horned up now for a bit of brass!

Dabz

-=-=-
Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 13:27
GfK
Couldn't help it. I used to live near Grimethorpe! And I do like a bit of Brassed Off (and the missus likes Coronation Street).
Sun, 13 Mar 2016, 12:34
Jayenkai
Meanwhile, for Sport Relief...

This..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 13 Mar 2016, 15:22
rockford
Yeah, this was reported in the papers last week. I loved it back in the day - let's see how it fairs nowadays.
Fri, 18 Mar 2016, 15:45
Jayenkai

View on YouTube
Fri, 18 Mar 2016, 15:48
GfK
It was awesome. They should do another series (minus his daughter, though. She was proper irritating).
Sat, 19 Mar 2016, 02:11
spinal
He's too old. They better not.
Sat, 19 Mar 2016, 05:25
GfK
Two words. Harrison Ford.
Sun, 28 Aug 2016, 14:42
Jayenkai
Damn, it feels like years since this was announced!!

View on YouTube

Trailer.

Are You Being Served and Porrige are both available on iPlayer.

I didn't get very far through either of them.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''