-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|703|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> I need to change company name

Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 15:17
GfK
In the past I've had run-ins with the bank over my company name (Desktop Gaming). Reason being, there's some government rules or some shit that banks have to abide by when companies are involved in gambling paraphernalia, and cos of the company name, they think I might be. They've quizzed me twice about it now.

Then last month I received a payment from Churchill Downs... not a fecking clue! Queried it with the bank to see full details of the transaction and it transpired that they bought Big Fish Games last year, so my BFG royalty payments now come from Churchill Downs.

So, they already think I'm into gambling, which I've repeatedly told them I'm not. Now all of a sudden I'm getting monthly deposits from Churchill Downs - home of the fucking Kentucky Derby!

I just know the bank are going to be on my back again before long. :/
Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 15:20
Jayenkai
Have any ideas for a new name?
Would you prefer something samey, or would you go for something drastically different?

Any favourite words/foods/genres/ideas to play with?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 15:27
GfK
I won't change anything until I've had more hassle from the bank. I'm sort of hoping that all the times I've told them the score before, have counted for something.

But if not... I dunno. It's going to be a royal ballache changing it. I've got contracts all over the place, and then there's the bank account name, companies house, HMRC, accountant... lots of people to tell.
Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 15:57
Jayenkai
Urge..
The perils of doing things professionally!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 16:10
rockford
Banks eh? Can't live with 'em. Can't rob 'em and you can't prosecute the bankers that run them!
Fri, 12 Feb 2016, 10:02
Dabz
Banks do my tits in... When I had my first house, mortgaged on my own, they wouldnt bloody help me... Say, if a direct debit was coming out on the Tuesday and I had sod all in, but get paid on the Friday I would ask for a hand... Deaf ears!

Yeah, my credit wasnt the best, cos I did indeed struggle... Going to admit it, Greece would have had a better credit score then me. So, eventually, a looonnnggggg road to recovery, I managed to get it sorted and got my credit back into the good books...

Now because of that, I get hassled by being offered overdrafts, loans... When I went in for a business account a few years ago they so matter of factly said I could have an £18000 business loan... Eyes lid up like bonfire night, but, then, common sense kicked in and I was like "Noooooooo"

I mean its nice, and tempting, thats the thing, and they bloody know that... I bet they sit there and just hope and pray I take the bait and tick myself up to the eyeballs... But, no, they can piss off, when I needed it the most they would flick me away like a rolled up dried snot... And probably giggled in glee that a £20 direct debit I missed would line their pockets with a £35 fine (Which it was back then)

Bastards!!!

I would quite happily get paid in cash me, and pay bills over the counter like the good old days, which would equate to them getting fuck all off me!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Fri, 12 Feb 2016, 10:23
GfK
Had similar years back - not naming the bank so let's just call them Twat Fest. Wanted a loan to buy my ex out of the house. They said I couldn't afford a loan at their standard rate, but they WOULD let me have a 'debtbuster' loan for about 5% APR more.

So I'm like, how the fuck do you think I can afford that if you're saying I can't afford the lower rate of interest?

Told them to stuff their debtbuster loan where the mice won't get it. Sold the house and moved.
Fri, 19 Feb 2016, 01:35
waroffice
Twat Fest, actual lol