-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|428|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Join Us....

Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 14:36
rockford
Upgrade now or later? How about fucking never? FUCK OFF M$
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 14:36
rockford
Yep. Never it'll be
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 14:39
Dabz
I upgraded on my desktop... And yeah, quite like it!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 14:45
rockford
I probably would have if M$ didn't keep forcing it down my throat and keep insisting the icon shoud stay; returning after deletion due to a OS update. It's a fecking virus.

And then messages like the above popping up when I turn on the machine. I've already said no on numerous occasions.
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 15:49
therevillsgames
All you have to do is uninstall one specific Windows update, and it'll go away forever.

I did try that or thought I did... my machine just re-downloaded the update!?!?
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 16:09
steve_ancell
Sticking with Windows 7 over here, until I'm justifyingly convinced otherwise.
Sat, 28 Nov 2015, 01:35
rockford
All you have to do is uninstall one specific Windows update, and it'll go away forever.

Nope. It keeps coming back. I've done that.
Sat, 28 Nov 2015, 03:19
spinal
Windows 10 isn't bad, although it does try to hide normal everyday features like control panel and my computer isn't quite right.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Sat, 28 Nov 2015, 04:09
Jayenkai
It's not awful, that's as good as you can say about Windows, lately
XPs still my favourite. Vista was a bag of shit, and 7 was better compared to that.
..but XP, though!!

Win 10s better than 8 and 8.1
Is it as good as 7? Not sure.
Is it as good as XP? ... Um... .. Other than the "AAARRGGHHHH, all the white!!!!?" crap, it's not been bad for me at all.
Everything I use still runs, except "PaintShopPro 7", but then that stopped working a few weeks before Win10s launch.. .. I'm still blaming Win10 for it, though!! I reckon it was the pre-install sessions that broke it.

But that's it.
I can still run my Blitz2D games from 2002, and that's good enough for me.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 28 Nov 2015, 16:38
cyangames
I'll be sticking with Win7 for as long as I can, all automatic updates turned off, removed M$ telemetry bullshit the other night.

I despise windows 8's pop things up when your moves moves anywhere near the screen sides stuff, wish my work compy was on win7 but nope.

I have a nice WinXP lappy now to add to my collection but that one isn't touching the internet!

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 00:52
Jayenkai
All the sidebar popup crap has disappeared.. Or at least, I've not seen it, anyway!

Win 10's very much a "Back to how it oughta be" edition of Windows.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 06:33
spinal
PSP7 works fine for me, see...

You'll notice I changed my taksbar a little and added a metro style vista sidebar, then slowly reskinned the gadgets I use...

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 06:53
Jayenkai
Euuw, gadgets.. *shudder*

I've been bumped up to PSPX7, which is ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING DIFFERENT, but is at least more bloated, so runs a fuckton slower.

*sigh*
Sure am glad I paid for that... :/

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 07:05
cyangames
Still running Tattyshop CS3 over here, don't see any reason to "upgrade" to a subscription only package (rental, that's the other name for it) which will inevitably require another puter.

-=-=-
Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 08:36
Jayenkai
Yeah, I'm dead against that bollocks.
They've done the same with Cool Edit (now Adobe FuckYou Audition)

I was *this* close to upgrading that, when I upgraded to PSPX7 lately, but was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw they'd turned that into Rental McFuckland, too..
Fucking Adobe!!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 16:00
cyangames
Yup, software rental. hopefully it's just a fad. In contrast, the folks at Unity seem to have done it better, offering free, rental and just buy the damn thing.

I'll stick with free though

-=-=-