-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|680|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> BlitzMax to Monkey

Tue, 28 Jul 2015, 03:38
therevillsgames
Yep... it was pretty straight forward as long as you know the limitations of MonkeyX. I had to refactor some of the XML code etc but mostly painless...
Tue, 28 Jul 2015, 04:46
Jayenkai
I haven't attempted it, mostly because my experience with porting NeonPlat Adventures from BlitzMax to Obj-C resulted in me pulling most of my hair out..
I imagine Blitz to Monkey isn't "too" bad, but you'll probably need to build up a decent set of background functions to take one command and filter it for Monkey's liking.
Most of my Blitz/Monkey "The actual game code" code is in fact very similar, it's just the outlying "framework" that is, in reality, completely freakin' mental!!
But then, I also built the framework in my BlitzMax project, so the two frameworks are similar for just that reason. Doing it from scratch, and with someone elses code, would (I imagine) be a much harder prospect.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 28 Jul 2015, 20:43
therevillsgames
Someone's just asked if they can do an ad-funded HTML5 'trial' version of CS2 to boost sales of the download versions

Nice... can I ask who?
Wed, 29 Jul 2015, 16:55
therevillsgames
Cool! Hope it does well for you.