-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|687|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Dosbox

Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 16:06
gameleaper
I just played Age of rifles on a samsumg galaxy tab 4 in a dosbox. I saw the dosbox app and decided to try it out, Im new to tablets so if this is old news sorry.

I found the dosbox to have lots of settings keyboard mouse joystick.

I had to hotswitch beteewn relative to absolute mouse tracking to do things in AoR and mouse sensitivity. Im not sure if its fully playable but it looks fine so far, ##I need to tinker with the settings more on the dosbox. you should give it ago if you has an android device

it looks like you can play almost any dos game on the tab, wow im blown away, with tablet gameimng, being mobile is great
Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 16:32
Jayenkai
I bought an Archos Gamepad 2 for all my Android emulators.
It's decent, and with enough buttons to do most stuff.

But.. Computer emulation.. That's awful to deal with.
Even trying to use my beloved Amstrad CPC on a device with only controller buttons and a touchscreen. .. Nah, you need a proper keyboard, and I imagine trying to make use of DOSBox on a touchscreen is even worse!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 16:46
gameleaper
the dosbox on my tab4 allows a virtual keyboard that's real easy to use, and joystick overlays all customisable
Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 05:23
gameleaper
OK AN UPDATE on AoR on my galaxy tab 4 ,Im not useing any external hamepads or anything and im useing dosbox tutbo, I mapped the four virtial buttons to DPAD_UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT , then i checked the checkbox to show buttons on screen. I changed mouse tracking to absolute, you can rotate the screen to get the buttons out of the way to emd turn.

The only niggle is chosing menu items, this will be better if your on a 10inch screen, or useing a stylus, buts its possible without, and im useing a 7inch galaxy tab 4.

you have to mount d storage/emulated/0/Download/doscd -t cdrom .. after you place RILES folder and CD files (doscd) into download folder