-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|685|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Random Purchase : Tassimo

Mon, 13 Apr 2015, 08:21
Jayenkai
I won't buy one of those. Silly price per-brew. Ludicrous. I definitely won't buy one. No, no, no.. Not for me.

... So having bought one, it's really quite nice.

Doesn't boil the water. It sucks the water from the little jug thing, insta-heats it, spits it through the coffee-pod, and voila, coffee.. Much quieter than having the insane loud kettle boiling for a few minutes!!

Fast, quiet, and importantly makes a lovely brew.
The coffee pods are insanely expensive. Mum found some at Tesco.. 16 brews for £3.50
Fuckity!!
If you price it as "a proper cup of coffee", then it's not too bad, but compared to a jar of instant coffee, it's a "teensy" bit different!!!!

Lovely cuppa, but expensive.

Tassimo (TAS1252GB) cost £35 from Amazon.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 13 Apr 2015, 08:38
spinal
But can it do tea?.....
Mon, 13 Apr 2015, 08:41
Jayenkai
It can, but apparently it's not very good tea. Tea's meant to stew, whereas this rapidly flows through the "pod".

I've ordered a variety pack, and there are two teas in there, so .. When I reach it, I'll be sure to let you know how it was!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 06:08
Jayenkai
Had a Costa Coffee Espresso, today. Needs two pods per drink, one the coffee, the other the milk.
That means the £3.99 box of pods only makes 8 measly cups.. Bloody hell!!

... Nice coffee, though! Mmmmmmm......

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 07:41
rockford
Think I'll stick with my jars of decapitated instant!

Decapitated?

Sat, 18 Apr 2015, 07:40
Jayenkai

Twitter Linkage

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 19 Apr 2015, 08:25
Pakz
My stephfather bought a Tassimo a while ago. They don't sell the cups nearby so he takes a caretaxi(invalid taxi) to a supermarket that has them and buys a whole bag full of coffee. The ride costs him 3.40.

The chocolate from Tassimo tastes nice. The cups for tassimo are quite expensive though. I don't think my stephfather knew when he bought the machine. The salesperson said nothing about that when he talked to him. Also nothing said about how few stores sell the cups.

I myself drink instant cappuchino. Costs about 10 eurocents per cup.
Sun, 19 Apr 2015, 08:32
Jayenkai
Yup, ludicrously expensive compared to other home-brewed coffee varieties...
If you get the Costa 8-pack, then it's about 60p per cup, I think..

It's more than I'd normally spend, but it saves pissing about with the 80s percolator that sits, completely unused in the cupboard, next to the SodaStream!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 22 Apr 2015, 08:37
Jayenkai
Christ....

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 24 Apr 2015, 10:33
Jayenkai
Holy fucking shit....
Bought another multipack, and more creamers, and a nice little rack to hold them in.

Added to Wednesday's coffee and chocolate, I've spent over £100 on this fucking thing, this week.

... Should be enough for a few days

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 26 Apr 2015, 04:46
Jayenkai

MORE COFFEE!!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''