-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|688|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> TV Shows

Fri, 27 Mar 2015, 18:45
blanko1324
Wait, you guys have other TV shows besides Dr. Who?

-=-=-
My Twitter
Fri, 27 Mar 2015, 18:45
Jayenkai
Yeah. We have Top Gear, too!... ... Oh, bugger...

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 28 Mar 2015, 04:34
rockford
Unfortunately it's not all Doctor Who - we also have soap operas. Thousands of them that are repeated 28 times each and every day*

* This might be slightly exaggerated.
Sat, 28 Mar 2015, 04:39
Jayenkai
Indeed. British "Prime Time" consists entirely of Soaps.
A typical night consists of Emmerdale, Eastenders and two episodes of Corrie.
They're fucking everywhere, and we have little or no ACTUAL PrimeTime TV.

Any half-decent show gets either bumped to the weekend when there's no soaps, or shoved onto a "None-Prime" channel, so that the "strange none-soap-watchers" have something to watch other than bloody soaps.

It's a bloody shambles.

Thankfully, with BBC iPlayer, Netflix and Amazon Prime at my disposal, I rarely ever put the TV on, except for my daily dose of Countdown, Deal or No Deal and The Chase..
.. Granted, that's a solid 3 hour block of what is essentially "Crappy Daytime TV", but it helps space my day out so that it's not wall-to-wall coding all day!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 28 Mar 2015, 05:06
steve_ancell
I can't stand soaps.
Sat, 28 Mar 2015, 07:20
blanko1324
Soaps use to be popular here when I was little. My mom would watch "Days of Our Lives," and I think "One Life to Live." Haven't seen a soap opera in years unless it's on the Spanish channel.

-=-=-
My Twitter
Sat, 28 Mar 2015, 10:53
rockford
I tend to watch a lot of American tv shows - Criminal Minds, NCIS, Haven, Walking Dead etc., interspersed by game shows like The Chase, Pointless and Tipping Point. But those ones are generally on when we are busy doing dinner when we can't sit and watch the whole thing.

Very rarely do we watch anything regurlarly that originates in the UK - "Stella" and "Doctor Who" really are the only two that spring to mind.
Sun, 29 Mar 2015, 02:13
Dabz
For me, uk tv is broken... Once upon a time there was programmes that would be a "must stay and watch", like red dwarf, ofah, touch of frost (I love that) amongst many others back from the day...

Now, its all repeat crap and zillions of adverts... And it costs a bomb for the privilege, Sky piss me off on occasion as they'll bring out a good looking series... And bang the bastard on Sky Movies so you've got to update your account, ie, give them more money!!!

Only thing I really watch now is the toeball... In a pub usually!

Other then that, if tv ceased to exist... I wouldn't miss it

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Sun, 29 Mar 2015, 08:13
HoboBen
I've been watching Cucumber though (written by Russel T Davies who started the Doctor Who reboot, also of Queer As Folk fame) omg sooooo gooooood

-=-=-
blog | work | code | more code
Sun, 29 Mar 2015, 08:29
Jayenkai
Kept meaning to watch that, but had too much telly on the go. It's on my todo list.
I was a big fan of QAF, even watching most of the US version. Not really sure why I dodn't bother with this. I think, mostly down to the fact that there were two series and Tofu-Eps, all at once!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''