-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|697|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> PC Gaming -> VR Stuff

Sun, 01 Mar 2015, 10:29
Jayenkai
Valve and HTC join the VR Race, with a HTC built "Vive" (as in "revive")

https://www.theverge.com/2015/3/1/8127445/htc-vive-valve-vr-headset

Will be shown off during GDC, next week.

Between this, Razer's "OpenSource VR" thing, Sony's "Morpheus" headset and Microsoft's "That is NOT a fucking Hologram, you fucking idiots" bollocks, Oculus is going to be having a tough time over the next year or so.

.. And my Motion Sickness isn't going to be fun!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 01 Mar 2015, 12:36
Hotshot
VR is nothing new because ATARI jaguars try it back in 1994 and failed. there only 2 units of them in the world!

VR of today is gonna be somethings like much sharper image, camera and there is more to it too.
Sun, 01 Mar 2015, 16:18
cyangames
Valve & HTC probably have a good chance of knocking Oculus off the top spot. The others I'm not so sure about. I just don't trust Microsoft with it and Sony's Morpheus is fairly under the radar.

Not heard of Razer's one either and there seems to be a LOT more developer support for Oculus as it's the most well supported for developers and been around the longest.

I have a bad feeling it'll all come down to marketing the things in the end.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Mon, 02 Mar 2015, 08:07
rockford
SONY is so fucked financially if it doesn't sell squillions in the first year, it (the VR stuffage) will be dead in the water the next.

It's all a fad anyway. Certain games will (and do) make great use of it, but it'll soon die a natural death anyway - it's too anti-social to be viable.