-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|477|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> ''Is SoCoder Down?''

Sat, 21 Feb 2015, 13:41
Jayenkai
Got an email about an hour ago from Kuron, who apparently can't connect to Socoder, receiving a "Could not establish connection" error.

I've run all the tests that I can find, online, and all seem perfectly capable of accessing the site, so I'm at a loss as to what other issues could be causing this.

I hope, for the sake of my own sanity, that Socoder isn't being blocked by some ISPs.

Tests
1. .com vs .net (If blocked, one might work over the other)
2. AGameAWeek.com (Same server.. If this shows up, but Socoder doesn't, that again sounds like a blocker at fault)
(Am awaiting email reply from Kuron as to whether 1&2 work)

3. Various "Is the site working" google results, from all over the place.

4. https://cloudmonitor.ca.com/en/checkit.php
Checks your site's connectivity from various places worldwide.

5. https://browsershots.org/
Tests your site on a buttload of browsers, which I'm assuming are all over the world, but.. *shrugs*
Also..
> Reveal 🔎

Can anyone think of any other imaginative ways to test the site's working?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 21 Feb 2015, 14:21
rockford
Well, it's working here and has been every time I've popped in.

Tests? Ummmm... Not my area of expertise.

Perhaps he's got a virus of some sort on his machine that's preventing him from accessing the site?
Sat, 21 Feb 2015, 16:16
Jayenkai
Hmmm..
.net and .com are indeed identical. Same dns, domain registrar, server, files, everything.
Sounds like someone's blocking stuff on your connection.
Grrrr...

Welcome back!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 24 Feb 2015, 00:59
Jayenkai
Hurray!
SoCoder was a sign!!!
Wed, 25 Feb 2015, 04:36
Jayenkai
Somewhat ironically, I awoke this morning to find SoCoder unavailable!
Luckily, I'd stashed away a bunch of test sites to test if the site was truly down, or if it was indeed just me..
After a LOT of faffing about, turned out the router needed reset. Quite why, I'm not sure, but that did the trick.

.. If anyone out there can't read this, try doing that!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''