-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|435|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Benefits for low incomes - not known for most.

Tue, 27 Jan 2015, 18:26
Pakz
I myself have enough money to live on but I know people who have it harder. I got into using google to read about poverty and debt ect. and found a site where they had a page from a meeting about poverty. I read in that that most people do not know about national and city benefits for lower incomes.
I was suprised when I found a site that listed all the benefits my city offers for lower incomes. When you hit hard times they pay things like your internet/tv/mobile bills/traveling cost ect. There was a whole list of things they did.

I was suprised that when I had social workers helping me out years ago did not mention benefits that might of helped me when I was in hard financial times.
I mentioned the things I learned to people I know who have a social worker helping them out. The person has a decease and can barely pay they bills for that.
He was suprised what I found out. He could get the bills payed by the city when he need to go to the hospital which is far away.
I was there yesterday when the social worker visited about what I found out and she was suprised about the things that the city offered for people who are in hard times.(lowest incomes ect.)
She never googled or was informed about benefits that the city offers and said she would be able to help more people now.

I was reading this forum for some time now and noticed someone who could not pay the medicine anymore. I checked new York of one of the cities and they pay for medicine if you can not afford it. Is this something that was not looked into before? Doctors and social workers barely know about what can be done for people who are in harder times. Maybe the medicine can be payed for by the city of the person who needed them. (I could not find the tread anymore on this site so do not know who it was)

The social worker said she would do something with the information that I found on the site. I already posted a couple of tweets in my native language about this and maybe it will help with spreading this information.

I was a little bit angry yesterday. Aprearantly people who help out people do not google for information about their line of work. It was also so that I found out that the people who I help out got a few hundred euro's last year from the city they live in from a benefit I also found on that information site. They have had proffesional people helping them out with bills and paperwork and benefits for years now and they never say anything about things like that.

I bet a lot of western countries offer tax benefits and lower income benefits that we do not know about. (I know someone who since a few years now get a couple of thousand euro's a year now when a tax accountant pointed them to that tax benefit. Again something they did not know about for years.)

So do some research and spread the information