-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|473|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Purchase Me Do

Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 15:52
cyangames
Seeing that it's tradition to mention tech purchases, I just picked myself up a cheapo, but fairly upgradable and decently specced Lappy for Work / A bit of play of course for just under £200.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400774593825?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It'll do the job for the moment despite the smaller capacity hard drive. Will look forward to bunging probably a ~250GB SSD and an extra 8GB of RAM to turn it into more of a powerhouse.

Also, Windows 7...Thank Goodness, it's got Win 7 out of the can and not 8....eurghhhhh

Just have to hope it gets to me in time for crazy things afoot on Thursday and a new massive web-project, erk!

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 16:37
Jayenkai
I was very tempted to get a SSD, too.
But then I got Win8.1, and all SSD recommendations went out the window.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 16:46
cyangames
Really? What Did 8.1 Do?

I mean, I've rarely heard a happy voice over MS' latest OS but...Ohhh, I'm guessing it's the upgrade + they tied the key in with the BIOS somehow in Windows 8 I believe.

I could be wrong though, I am quite a lot.

-=-=-
Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 16:53
Jayenkai
8 was wrong on many levels.
8.1 was a nice mix between old and new.
And even my cheap-as-shit Lenovo £350 laptop with it's stupidly slow harddrive doesn't really have any "Ugh, the harddrive is slow" booting issues. The only time the HDD speed is an issue is when you're extracting large videos!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 16:59
cyangames
Hmm, so, hopefully, this Lappy will be around the samespecs then.

Time to download Classic Shell, etc, etc tomorrow methinks in preparation.

-=-=-
Fri, 30 Jan 2015, 04:12
cyangames
Soo, it was put through it's paces yesterday, all seems to be working nicely and I'm cursed with thinking about this new web project all the time!

Turned out it had an improved screen res of 1600 x 900 which is something I can get away with for gamejams, yay!

-=-=-