-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|476|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Gamestick

Fri, 16 Jan 2015, 08:02
Jayenkai
Late wake-up, followed by a good hour-or-so trying to get a GameStick up and running. Tomorrow, I'll be trying to get a game onto it..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 16 Jan 2015, 08:02
rockford
Honestly Jay it isn't worth it. The GameStick really is an awful piece of kit. Nasty. I released AquaVenture for it last year and haven't touched it since. The only thing anyone is using it for nowadays is rooting to stock Android and wiping out the GS shite.
Fri, 16 Jan 2015, 08:09
Jayenkai
"Worth it"?
Is it worth the price of "they sent it to me for free"??!

Find #1 : It can be a DevKit, or a GameStick.. It can't (apparently) be both.. That's annoying.. :/

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 16 Jan 2015, 08:14
cyangames
I feel sorry for the gamestick. It could have been a great thing if they hadn't pushed the release date back and back and back, to the point that it was released at the same time as the xbox1 / ps4.

The team members that I met are really nice people and I was super psyched to have a featured release title on there for launch day.

A month after launch I noticed that it was mid January and Super Grid Run had garnered only 14 sales and my joypad was refusing to connect ever I've left it fairly well alone since

Needless to say I was gutted for them as it would have been great if they'd upped the power on it and made it more comparable with the OUYA. I hear they're selling the stocks off for £20 in some places now, sigh.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Fri, 16 Jan 2015, 11:26
Jayenkai
Ugly as hell controller! And the analogue sticks are springy, too, so tend to hit the opposite direction when springing back to 0!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 16 Jan 2015, 12:04
rockford
Worth it"?
Is it worth the price of "they sent it to me for free"??!

They did for me too. It's still not worth it!

Find #1 : It can be a DevKit, or a GameStick.. It can't (apparently) be both.. That's annoying.. :/

Correctamundo! How awesome is that?!! :/

Kuron. Do NOT get a GameStick. It's actually worse than it looks. Most uncomfortable and horrendous controller ever. And that's from someone that liked the Jaguar's controller.

Jay. For a laugh, try pressing the RESET button without resorting to contortionism or breaking a nail. Bet ya can't! Seriously, whoever designed that is not a people person!
Fri, 16 Jan 2015, 12:05
Jayenkai
LOL!
Mon, 19 Jan 2015, 00:35
steve_ancell
I didn't now Hydra was still going. I remember Power Mousey going on about it years ago but then I lost track of it.
Fri, 27 Mar 2015, 14:11
Jayenkai

Twitter Linkage

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''