-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|699|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Foodless

Tue, 16 Dec 2014, 07:24
Jayenkai
I hate days without eating, but they seem to go by without much trouble. If you aren't thinking about it, it's remarkably easy to miss out a few meals.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 16 Dec 2014, 08:29
Jayenkai
Tsk tsk.. Missing food is one thing, but missing meds..
For Shame!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 16 Dec 2014, 16:10
steve_ancell
Get a skateboard and a pair of hiking sticks Kuron, that'll get you to Maccy-D's and back.
Wed, 17 Dec 2014, 03:30
Jayenkai
I haven't been to a McDonalds in YEARS!
Our local Pizza place does burgers, and if I'm honest, they're lovely burgers, especially the Mexican Chilli Burger. Mmmm....
But they're missing that certain McDonald Special Relish.

I bought a Rustlers Cheeseburger the other day, and had completely forgotten that they'd changed their "tomato sauce" to "Rustlers Relish"... That was a nice surprise..
I'm going to have to trawl our new Tesco, looking for "special relish", methinks..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 06:47
cyangames
Eurgh, McDonalds...
Went to one recently after lil Triston had been wanting one for about a month. Cruddy Thin Fries with a hint of potato encased in grease, A TINY "big" Mac which was passable and some drink which they over-diluted.

Out of curiosity I tried a chicken nugget, bluerghh, never again!

Frustratingly the Burger King in Torquay closed down and they were actually pretty good, decent sized burgers, etc, etc.

Now the nearest one's over in Plymouth / Exeter, pfft.

KFC also, no thanks

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 06:49
Jayenkai
Mmmm.. Burger King Milkshakes!

.. Mmmmmm...
Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 07:19
cyangames
Time to make the 26 mile journey on foot again then. JKJK. I'd head over there by train if anything!

-=-=-
Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 09:19
rockford
I love McDonalds milkshakes. Love'em. Except strawberry and banana - waaaaaaaay too sweet for my taste.
Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 12:08
steve_ancell
I went though a phase of drinking craploads of choc-chip frappes a little while back, until they stopped doin' choc-chip.
Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 13:10
rockford
Probably a good thing though - they have a million calories in, don't they? Your arteries will thank you in the long run.
Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 13:17
steve_ancell
I don't know about calories, but they do cause major brainfreeze.
Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 13:52
cyangames
As would the temperature outside!

I'll coffee instead

-=-=-
Sun, 21 Dec 2014, 10:18
rockford
I will not eat onions at any other food place for safety reasons.

Eh? Do onions elsewhere carry knives, guns, booby traps or bacteria?
Sun, 21 Dec 2014, 11:40
rockford
Health & Safety is taken incredibly seriously (and rightly so) in the UK. Food premises are inspected regularly and given rating and orders with regards to their safety, which have to be displayed. The only place in or around where I live that has had to close (an Indian restaurant)was a right dive that most avoided anyway.

Obviously that doesn't prove that the place is healthy (they might still spit in your food etc.) but it means that they've identified the most obvious sources of contamination to prevent illness.
Sun, 21 Dec 2014, 13:20
Jayenkai
Down the road from us, a small hairdressers sold up, and the new owners decided to turn it into a takeaway. This was abiut a decade ago.
For the most part, they did good business, and remained fairly busy.
Until the height of summer.

Our village isn't FULL of ants, but.. .. That particular street can get kinda gnatty.

The takeaway didn't last through the summer.

The new owners opened a new takeaway, and again did fairly well.
.. Until the next summer..

Rinse and repeat.
Every year a new takeaway appears, does well, then mysteriously closes come summer, only to be sold and reopened the next year.

The shop I worked in wasn't far from their place. It was far enough away that we only had minor ant issues, but as customers came from closer to the takeaway, they bought more and more ant powder, the close they were

Moral of the story : Sometimes, closure isn't the owner's fault.
But if you spot one of those "always seems to have a new owner" takeaways, it's probably best to steer clear!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 22 Dec 2014, 02:28
cyangames
Yeah, there's a few takeaways in paignton which tend to last about a year then close down, 2 just down the road from where I work in fact.

One of them's just been closed for the last month or so due to illness, which is a shame, as they had just opened up 2 months ago.

They did some rather welcoming breakfast baguettes also.

-=-=-