-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|686|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Penguin Party

Page : 1 2 Next 3
Prev
Mon, 01 Dec 2014, 01:43
cyangames
Now you're playing with PENGUINS! Linkage Had a play with 3d modelling 'n' animation this weekend.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Mon, 01 Dec 2014, 01:43
rockford
Pingu it's not, so that's a good thing. Plans for a game or just testing so far?
Mon, 01 Dec 2014, 01:54
Jayenkai
Oh, Alright, I'll install the bloody Unity WebPlayer!! Gawd!!!

*Installs Unity WebPlayer for the first time, EVER!!*

*sigh*
Stupid bloody plugins.
It probably needs a reboot, or something.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 01 Dec 2014, 02:29
cyangames
Bit of both, mostly testing to get my head around animations in 3d. I'm pretty sure once I've got a decent stack of animations I'll turn it into a regular character.

An insane part of my head wants to make something mario party-ish for the ouya, but that would take a long, long time!

-=-=-
Mon, 01 Dec 2014, 05:36
rockford
I've a couple of games in my head that I would love to turn into true 3D games - not that they'd play in 3D, but it could -

a) Make it easier to incorporate new elements
a.5) Make Z-ordering issues a thing of the past
b) Add effect that would be much harder to do in 2D
c) Make it much easier to animate characters in the game
q) Allow cut scenes
270,40) Mean less pixel spriting - easier to do larger landscapes.

2015 might just be the year (although I said the same about 10 years ago, managing to create a couple of simple 3D models in MilkShape, but they took aaaaaaaaages).
Fri, 19 Dec 2014, 04:17
cyangames
Will probably turn this into a quickie Chrimbo Card tonight, then add some more animations, etc over the hols.

-=-=-
Tue, 23 Dec 2014, 16:36
cyangames
Meep moop

Up to 300 frames of animation now.

View on YouTube

-=-=-
Tue, 23 Dec 2014, 17:14
Jayenkai
Awesome
Three dee, man! Three dee!!!!
Wed, 24 Dec 2014, 02:59
rockford
I completely missed this post yesterday.

That's really cool

What are you using to model, bone and animate your character?
Wed, 24 Dec 2014, 06:53
cyangames
Just using milkshape 3d and untextured materials so far Rockford. Might even post a quick pre xmas thing today!

-=-=-
Wed, 24 Dec 2014, 07:33
rockford
I might ask for some assistance at some point then, as MilkShape was my modeller of choice a few years back
Wed, 24 Dec 2014, 14:22
cyangames
Sure, feel free to ask away

I wish I got on better with Blender myself but I think I'm so used to Milkshape now that it becomes a more daunting journey with changing programs.

-=-=-
Sat, 03 Jan 2015, 15:59
cyangames
Yup, I've been playing way too much Mario Party today, it's massively influenced the GUI

Perhaps I'll just be making one massive game this year? Hmmmm

-=-=-
Sat, 03 Jan 2015, 16:02
Jayenkai
Awesome!
I expect 65,000 minigames
Sat, 03 Jan 2015, 16:18
cyangames
That's the thing it seems like a massive project to undertake.

Even if I managed to make a minigame a week I'm looking at a biggg thing to make...time to choose which way to go.

-=-=-
Sat, 03 Jan 2015, 16:40
Jayenkai
The challenge is starting. Once you get going, you'll find it easier the more you make.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 03 Jan 2015, 17:07
cyangames
Aye, just sketching the plans for Penta Park with some game grumps in the bg.

Should be able to adapt some of my game jam games to play nicely in 4 player also.

Slightly scared but yeah, aside from time and err music. It's possible.

-=-=-
Sat, 03 Jan 2015, 17:08
Jayenkai
Woohoo!!
Sat, 03 Jan 2015, 17:22
cyangames
**Fires up Milkshape**

Holy f*** that's a lot of stuff to model!

Might post a level screenshot tomorrow if it looks any good / gets started!

-=-=-
Sun, 04 Jan 2015, 08:08
cyangames
Got some more modelling done of some bits in the Penta Park including, low poly 'guins and some animated playset pieces.

Will probably make the path around it some sort of hopscotch affair to keep it in theme.

But now I must get on with some websites.

Wish I could just code and design games all day sometimes

-=-=-
Sun, 04 Jan 2015, 18:23
cyangames
Might have got a tad distracted... Errrr, yeah, maybe make that very distracted.

-=-=-
Mon, 05 Jan 2015, 16:35
cyangames
Mmm...such beach, much slides to play on, sooo spinny dice working today. Tomorrow Maybe get that penguin moving about with some moving camera stuff methinks.

Any suggestions as to what else I should put in the remaining bits are welcome, I'm thinking perhaps an obstacle course in that big space at the back there currently.

Each item is going to link to an event space nearby for a 1 player challenge / game of luck.

Soo, the roundabout is going to be a roulette wheel of sorts, with the penguin pushing it around to speed it up.

A swing challenge aginst the CPU for who can swing the most in a given time.

The seesaw is probably going to involve some sort of hanging-on mechanic, not sure there yet.

and the sand pit will be a mini castle building event, or perhaps a search for objects doobrie, it's rather early on still!

-=-=-
Tue, 06 Jan 2015, 16:47
cyangames
The lil guin is moving about tonight, although in a bit of a jittery way. He walks up to the nearest point that wasn't his last location then jerks around to face the camera and waves.

Pretty cute, but it needs smoothing out, also, figuring out how to deal with junctions is going to be interesting. May have to resort to:

if (markerlanded == junctionmarkerid){
display arrows to choose next marker
move to specific marker based on click / other input
}

Nothing particularly new imagewise tonight, but the OUYA is holding up nicely with the 26k of polys..crikey, never been that high in a scene before!

-=-=-
Thu, 08 Jan 2015, 16:43
cyangames
Fell asleep really early last night so, no coding for me.

Linked the dice up to the penguin so there's a rough demo of the little blighter on the link below.

Nothing amazing yet, just looks fairly pretty.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7854454/PENGUINPARTY/builds.html

-=-=-
Fri, 09 Jan 2015, 17:10
cyangames
Nailed the junction handling with arrow keys tonight. It's not as good as I'd have hopedas I've hard-coded in the junctions. but It'll do for now. Might look into using a typeid system for it in the future, so it finds the nearest x markers... then again.... I might just keep it as-is for the moment!

Will probably add some initial GUI bits tomorrow with aims to get some event spaces, maybe a minigame working by next weekend.

-=-=-
Page : 1 2 Next 3
Prev