-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|479|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Tim Cook Comes Out

Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 16:49
Jayenkai
Tim Cook comes out! Linkage

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 16:49
rockford
Like nobody on the whole planet already knew. "God's gift" my arse. Actually, scratch that!
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 16:58
cyangames
There's some bravery there, coming out to the worlds media. I can't imagine the pressure that guy must have felt but hopefully coming out will make him more at ease with himself.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 17:42
steve_ancell
rockford my arse. Actually, scratch that!

Do it you bloomin' self, and make sure you wash your hands after.
---
Back on topic though, gay, straight, who gives a fuck nowadays!.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 19:01
dna
News of this nature does not improve the quality of Apples products.
He should have never done that.

-=-=-
DNA
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 20:07
steve_ancell
Coming out as gay shouldn't affect his or Apple's position. Just take a look at Roger Wilson that worked for Acorn Computers, he became Sophie Wilson later on in life and still actively plays a big part in the world of computers.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 20:24
steve_ancell
@dna:

There's even probably a few gay people on this forum. What you also need to realise that being gay or transgender is just how some people are, it's not a disability and most certainly isn't contageous.

And just for the record, before you ask...
1) Am I gay: No.

2) Do I support gay rights?: Yes I do.

3) Do I have friends that are gay/lesbian, transgender, crossdresser?: Yeah, loads of 'em.

4) Do I give a toss what anyone thinks?: Do I fuck!.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 20:41
dna
Kuron: Never have understood the "coming out" nonsense. Just be who you are and who you are meant to be.

That's the sensible thing to do but many people use certain platforms to advertise.

-=-=-
DNA
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 20:43
steve_ancell
dna Steve: Never have understood the "coming out" nonsense. Just be who you are and who you are meant to be.

That's the sensible thing to do but many people use certain platforms to advertise.

You do realise that quote was Kuron's, not mine. LOL

But what do you mean by saying "That's the sensible thing to do but many people use certain platforms to advertise"?.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 20:47
dna
Sorry about that
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 20:51
steve_ancell
dna Sorry about that

No worries about the quote thing. But to try to understand that sexual orientaion and gender identity doesn't matter anymore, most of the world has moved on from burning people at the stake ect...
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 21:46
HoboBen
Well said Steve

Thanks for not being afraid to speak up in support

I don't do a sing and a dance about the whole thing, but if nobody hasn't got the idea yet I do totally bat for both teams, but then I'm not the CEO of Apple so it's no big deal haha and I wouldn't write an essay about it

-=-=-
blog | work | code | more code
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 21:50
steve_ancell
That's OK Ben, anytime.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 22:30
HoboBen
awwww you guys
Fri, 31 Oct 2014, 05:26
steve_ancell
Yeah Kuron, you're right there, it's not by choice and the person is programmed that way at birth. Thanks for pointing that out.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014, 14:11
dna
Steve But to try to understand that sexual orientation and gender identity doesn't matter anymore, most of the world has moved on from burning people at the stake ect...

I agree but I was trying to say that the Apple Technology seminar, or whatever it's called, was not the place to do that. Typically people go to the event to hear what the newest products will bring.

-=-=-
DNA
Sat, 01 Nov 2014, 11:15
Dabz
So, he's gay is he... Well... Good for him, if I'm honest though, as long as he doesn't come onto the stage at a presentation wearing an iBra screaming "I'm free" I really couldn't care less!

Seriously though, in the western world, in 2014... How can something like this be headline news... The man is gay, journalists of the world... Get over it, in other [proper] news, the RAF yet again intercept Russian bombers, the foriegn office declares britains aren't safe anywhere in the world due to the air strikes against I.S., and finally, a public Ebola appeal has raised 4 million quid in 2 days.

Now that's important news

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Sat, 01 Nov 2014, 14:49
rockford
Now that's important news

Not to the Daily Mail it isn't!
Sat, 01 Nov 2014, 15:27
steve_ancell
Dabz as long as he doesn't come onto the stage at a presentation wearing an iBra screaming "I'm free" I really couldn't care less!

Trust you to come up with that Dabz. LMARO!
Sat, 01 Nov 2014, 16:30
rockford
Next year from Apple it will be the iMout.
Sun, 02 Nov 2014, 01:43
steve_ancell
rockford Next year from Apple it will be the iMout

I've never even heard what a Mout, so fucknoze what an iMout is!