-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|449|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> On Topic -> Misfit Shine

Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 07:35
Jayenkai
Random Purchase of the Week

Misfit Shine : My third pedometer!!!
First was the 3DS, then came the WiiU Fit Meter, and now, the Misfit Shine!!

As i plan to make my way to a funeral, I'd like to track my steps, but having either the Wii U Fit meter going "bleepity bleep!!" to signify a significant walk, or my phone suddenly decalre that I've "walked 0.62 miles!!", I decided that the best plan would be a new silent device.
Had a trawl through different pedometer/watch combos, and settled on this.

It's a nice SoCoder Blue color, and has only 12 little tiny LEDs in it.
Most of the time it's unlit, but with two little taps, it'll flash up the approximate time.
Luvly stuff..

Connects to my Lumia 1020, and gives me nice daily stats.
Quite how exact it'll be, seeing as it's on my wrist, will have to be experimented with, but at least I've got something to count my steps, this Friday!!

... Some buy suits, others buy ties.. I buy a pedometer!!
Stat-Hoarder FTW!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 09:17
Jayenkai
Have now played about with three distinct appyapps for the "watch".

Comes in three flavours, iOS, Android and WinPhone.
After much testing, the WinPhone edition is easily the most craptastic!!
It will work, but doesn't seem to update the device each time you ask it to, and for some odd reason, only seems to update "yesterday" instead of today.. .. Not sure what that's about...
That's a bit of a shame, if I'm honest, as I was kinda hoping to have the device paired with my phone.

The Android edition "works", too, but again it's being slightly odd, and not quite operating the way you'd expect.

That leaves the iOS edition, and I'm pleased to say that my iPad syncs up wonderfully well with it, and there don't appear to be any of the odd quirks that the other two versions were giving me.
The iOS edition of the software also appears to be the most feature complete version, too, which is nice.
.. Again, though, shame I'm not happy with the WinPhone edition. Having all the info showing up on the device in my pocket, is a bit more reasonable than having to wait until I'm in the vacinity of my iPad. .. Which, for obvious reasons, isn't in my pocket

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 09:54
9572AD
SHINE GET!

-=-=-
All the raw, animal magnetism of a rutabaga.
Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 10:16
Jayenkai
I must admit, the Wii U Fitmeter is spectacularly good, and incredibly precise.. Considering it's only £10, it's a frickin' bargain!!
(Although you do need a Wii U, and Wii Fit U to go with it, which does somewhat bump up the price a little!!)

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 10:26
Jayenkai
Small issue with having a counter on your wrist...

After a few minutes of mashing the potatoes..

... Better not be doing any ...erm.. extraneous arm movements ... with this thing on!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 10:52
Jayenkai
Finding myself wondering how best I could make it look more like https://SoCoder.net/Clock.html

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 10:58
rockford
I take the 3DS pedometer with me, pretty much anytime I walk my dogs. Not to measure the steps, but to get the coins! Gotta get the coins for the Streetpass games.
Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 11:18
Jayenkai
Bah, Streetpass.. What a waste!!!
Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 12:26
Dabz
I'm eyeing up one of these:-

www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/smartwear/smartband-talk-swr30/?gclid=CISB1rD5ysECFWXnwgodXVMA7g

For my new z3, which I'll happy add, is a gorgeous phone and I'm really pleased with it!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 13:43
Jayenkai
Oooh, that looks nice, too.
There's oodles of wearables, nowadays.
Honestly, though, if The WiiU fit meter were A) Silent and B ) a bit smaller, then somehow strapping one of those to my wrist would've been ideal. It's a VERY precise piece of equipment.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 27 Oct 2014, 03:14
Jayenkai
I /think/ that the full stripe is deep sleep, and the half stripe is .. Um.. Not deep sleep..! But i can't be certain because the bloody manual doesn't say!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 27 Oct 2014, 03:55
cyangames
Ohh, pedometers have sure come on a bit then! Last one i used was a little clip on thing. Is that from the Shine when you sync it up in some way?

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Mon, 27 Oct 2014, 04:02
Jayenkai
Yeah, that's from the iOS app. It's quite handy, but only seems to store about two or three month's worth of data, so I think I'll still have to copy numbers over to my database, myself. Because I'm a STAT-HOARDER!!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 28 Oct 2014, 12:25
Jayenkai

View on YouTube

Oddly timed. Geekanoids just switched from a Fitbit Flex, to ... A Misfit Shine!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 28 Oct 2014, 12:49
rockford
And what are next week's winning lotto numbers then Jay? PM Me!
Tue, 28 Oct 2014, 13:01
Jayenkai
42, 42, 42, 42, 42, 42
Tue, 28 Oct 2014, 13:15
rockford
Figures.
Wed, 29 Oct 2014, 03:49
Jayenkai
Hmmm.. Seems it doesn't do half-sleeps..
I fell asleep, last night, about 9:30, then woke up again about 1am..

A couple of hours later, I managed to get back to sleep again, and slept through the rest of the night.

.. But it only counted the second sleep. .. :/

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 13 Nov 2014, 06:26
Jayenkai
I must admit, I'm not as adversed to wearing a watch as I'd have thought!! I've never really been much of a watch wearer, but the Misfit's blended into my life fairly quickly.

I've also found myself looking through all the different Smartwatches that are out there. SO many of them have shitty 2-day (or less!) battery life, which is frankly pathetic, given the MisFit's 4~month battery life.
The Sony SmartPhone 3 is currently just over £100 on Amazon, but that requires Android, so my Lumia woldn't be compatible with most of it's functionality. A Microsoft branded "Band" is looking to be about £200, and.. For something I'd need to charge every frickin' night, that seems a waste.

Seems I won't be getting a smartwatch any time soon, then...

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''