-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|610|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Grrrrr Nintendo!....

Mon, 20 Oct 2014, 10:46
spinal
Nintendo have missed another opportunity to do more than the bare minimum for its classic gaming fans.
By giving us this...

on the 3DS, instead of what free emulators and even the SUPER GAMEBOY gave us over the past 10 or so years, which would be this!...

Surely it would be fairly trivial for them to add the super gameboy colours and borders to their emulator?

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Mon, 20 Oct 2014, 10:55
Jayenkai
Annoyingly agreed. The epic "Super Donkey Kong" is similarly borked.
.. It's still the best version of Donkey Kong ever, and is a brilliant little puzzle-platformer, but WHY??????!!!!!!!??? Why can they not superfy that bad boy!!?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 20 Oct 2014, 11:29
spinal
That bugged the hell out of me. dk was the first super gameboy game withits own border and palettes, and then it was the first gb game on the 3ds, a perfect opertunity to use said border and colours, bun nope, did they hell.
i even emailed nintendo to see if they would even consider adding those but you can guess what their email-answering department said to that!

-=-=-
Mon, 20 Oct 2014, 12:15
rockford
Nintendo continue to do some very daft things.

It wouldn't have been too hard for them to add an option or button control to allow the games to be viewed as though on a Super GameBoy.

Nintendo. Why do you hate us all?
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 00:48
Afr0
Spinal - what? Tell me!
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 02:00
spinal
Can't find the reply in my email
Basically it said Nintendo do't have any plans to add features such as supregameboy palettes or borders to their virtual console titles.

-=-=-
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 07:02
rockford
Grrrr...

I'm going to buy the New 3DS and NOT buy any faceplates. That'll teach them. Yeah!
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 07:37
Jayenkai
At least the faceplates aren't as fucking annoying as the Themes...
"Oooh, a nice looking wooden theme" rapidly became "FFS, Shut the fuck up!!!!!"

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 08:56
rockford
I like the faceplates, but for that price they can fuck off.

I had a very quick look through the themes and thought "Nah" so stuck with what's on there. I won't pay for themes either.

I am drawn to the Amiibos tough - especially Yoshi. Gotta love Yoshi.
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 08:58
Jayenkai
If there was a Sonic one, it'd be on my shelf, already!!! (Assuming they're even out, yet!!)

I have plenty of silly Mario shelf fillers. Maybe a Kirby..? But honestly, I don't play enough games to get them for the purpose of gaming. They'd just be for the shelf.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 09:00
rockford
I literally just got an email from Nintendo with a free Halloween theme code. Looks like a black cat (or a Furby) on an orange background.

|edit| Downloaded. Tried. Returned to Default Theme.
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 09:36
rockford
BTW There's a new Nintendo Direct tonight (23:00 UK Time) about Super Smash Bros WiiU.

Box art is now available for Super Smash Bros too; looks like there are three buying options -

Solus (game only)

Game plus Mario Amiibo

Game plus GameCube controller 4 player multitap (no controller though).

I'm surprised there's no actual Wii U bundle (yet).
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 13:46
cyangames
Will probably be getting a Wii for Chrimbo this year (cough, cough for the son...) . Depends on the monies really, but yeah, a Super Smash Bros + Wii console bundle would go down rather well, particularly if it's set-up for 2 players out of the box.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 16:45
rockford
Make that a WiiU, Rychan. The Wii is a very different beastie and very much dead (although tbf, the WiiU doesn't have that strong a pulse either if you believe the internet)

BTW Ordered the game + GameCube adapter - we've already got several GC pads.
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 17:11
cyangames
Haha, doh, yes. Although I do still enjoy playing games on the Wii, also, there's some shops nearby which sell some really nice games for it for ~£5 each, bargain.

Picked up Sega All Stars Racing and Kirby for £5 each, best not name them, otherwise, y'know, spam...

I'm still hoping for a revival of the F-Zero series personally, it's been a while since I beat GX, ahhh, lovely game that one.

-=-=-
Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 22:09
rockford
If you can get a copy of Wii F-Zero GX for a fiver Rychan, then please let me know!
Fri, 24 Oct 2014, 06:55
cyangames
If I see a copy I'll pick it up for ya Rockford. I would be amazed if I find it there, but you never know!

|edit| Also, yeah, It'd be GC version so you'd need the controll pads. I'm sure you already knew this but figured I'd best mention it to be sure |edit|

-=-=-
Fri, 24 Oct 2014, 08:30
rockford
Yep, long time supporter of the GameCube. Loads of games. Loads of pads. Loads of fun.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014, 08:42
Jayenkai
Gamecube was fun. Wii was fun.
.. What happened, Wii U?!??

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 24 Oct 2014, 09:17
rockford
Ive had fun on the Wii U. Admittedly, not as much as on former Nintendo consoles...