-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|458|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Ouch. Red Ring...

Sun, 31 Aug 2014, 16:37
dna
What is the red Ring of Death
Sun, 31 Aug 2014, 16:37
Jayenkai
The Red Ring of Death is what happened when an X360 overheated so badly that it completely borked itself.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 01 Sep 2014, 11:18
9572AD
The latest revision of the story I've heard is that even though Microsoft engineers specified the proper grade of solder, the manufacturer used a cheaper solder that couldn't withstand the heat generated by the unit.
The solder would re-melt and flow around the circuit board, causing problems.

-=-=-
All the raw, animal magnetism of a rutabaga.
Mon, 01 Sep 2014, 15:45
cyangames
A harsh night at the curry house
Mon, 01 Sep 2014, 16:09
steve_ancell
rychan A harsh night at the curry house

He said red ring, not ring sting.
Mon, 01 Sep 2014, 23:08
rockford
I had the RROD with my XBox BITD but only one; the Jasper? unit they sent back to me is still going strong. IIRC turnaround was only four days and they gave me a month of XBox Live as compensation.
Mon, 01 Sep 2014, 23:39
9572AD
Yeah, I had it, too and they sent back a refurb of the same model - which means I have one of the few functioning X360s with no HDMI port.
I believe at one point they admitted the projected failure rate for the early models was 100%. Anyone who's still got a working one is just plain lucky.

-=-=-
All the raw, animal magnetism of a rutabaga.