-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|705|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> New Server : Tests, Complaints, Arguments and More!

Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 05:35
Jayenkai
For the next hour or so, please refrain from using apostrophies within posts!! Seems the *NEW SERVER* doesn’t like them.. Looking into it.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 05:35
cyangames
Maybe a different encoding type on the database?
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 05:44
Jayenkai
Not sure.. Bloody awkward banana..'!
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 07:36
Jayenkai
This would be SO much easier, if HTML had a "Special Character" for ITS MORE IMPORTANT CHARACTER!!!

' for quote
& for ampersands...
Is there one for apostrophies?
Is there f'k!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 07:41
cyangames
I find ' Is a fairly suitable alternative.

Ahhh.... oh bollocks.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 07:43
Jayenkai

I'm getting there.. Just a few more tweaks to the scrambled site script and we should be good to go..'''

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 07:45
cyangames
Good luck dude
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 07:51
Jayenkai

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 09:00
Jayenkai
Now Functional...

Jayenkai.Socoder.Net

AGameAWeek.com

Jayenkai.com

Mmmmm!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 09:14
Jayenkai
Feel free to poke, prod and experiment with the site, and let me know of any issues you might find along the way.

I *think* everything's stable now.
Aside from the annoying apostrophe issue, the server move went fairly well. The only other complication was bloody Wordpress, which wanted to be in a specific place, at a specific time, and with a specific domain name... Given I wanted it to work simultaneously on AGameAWeek.com, Jayenkai.com and Jayenkai.socoder.net, (for the sake of keeping old links working) this was a right royal pain in the arse, especially when I was /trying/ to do the move without anyone noticing!
*sigh*

My Jayenkai Archive moved without a hitch, works on all domains, and just carries on happily. I code badly, but I code well!
(In fact, if not for the apostrophe issue, Socoder was also an easy shift..)

I've upgraded the security of "Safe For Work" functions around the site, and hopefully everything's nice and stable, now.

Some of the uploads are still missing, but will appear shortly. They'd've been done by now, but would you bloody well believe it... My Internet went down at about 1am, last night, so my huge upload got buggered up. GAH.. Timing!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 11:20
cyangames

Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 12:33
Jayenkai
Alien Deathmatch 2 shows a dramatic increase in speed.

No longer is the large delay coming from server communication. It's now taking longer to decode all the info that it gets sent from the server!! Woot!!

Online Features : Plausible!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 13:34
dna
New Server software, New Server hardware or both?
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 13:36
Jayenkai
Hardware. If you can't tell that this is the same software, you're not looking closely enough.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 19 Aug 2014, 06:51
Jayenkai
Hmmm.....
New Server, New Quirks..
Just had a minor outage, there, for about 10 minutes or so.
Can't for the life of me figure out what happened, though.
Socoder.net and Socoder.com were both giving me "Is unavailable" messages through chrome, whilst jayenkai.socoder.net, AGameAWeek.com and Jayenkai.com were all working fine.

It used to be that that kind of error meant that one of the SQL servers were currently down, but now all the SQL servers are on the same system, so.. erm...

I logged into the SQL database to check it was still running smoothly, and noticed no speed issue.
That's definitely a new quirk, and I guess I'll be digging through logs and stuff to try and figure out exactly what happened.

*baffled*

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 19 Aug 2014, 07:09
Jayenkai
Issue has been tracked down to Virgin's DNS being utterly shit. .. AGAIN!!
Quite what's going on over there, is anyone's guess.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''