-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|677|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> RIP Robin Williams

Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 03:47
steve_ancell
Oh ballbags!, Robin Williams is gone now... R.I.P Linkage
Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 03:47
Jayenkai
Awww... FUCKITY.
Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 04:12
rockford
A sad loss
Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 04:18
Afr0
I think... I'm secretly hoping that it wasn't due to suicide.
On the other hand, if it was, it would bring more attention to depression, and hopefully make people understand that it is an illness that can be potentially fatal for anyone (regardless of their social status, economy, talent etc).

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Project Dollhouse on Github - Please fork!
Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 11:47
dna
In the news here in America they are all mentioning that it was depression.

I'm shocked he was depressed.

-=-=-
DNA
Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 12:18
Jayenkai
Tragically, you'll find that's a fairly common thing amongst comedians.
Making others laugh is usually a good way to cope with it.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 14:44
dna
In te news now they are saying he was found hanged with a belt around his neck.

Horrible.

-=-=-
DNA
Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 16:39
Jayenkai
D'oh!
Silly Channel 4!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 16:48
dna
Oh Boy.

that could have been a job terminating event had it not beeen coincidence

-=-=-
DNA
Wed, 13 Aug 2014, 02:51
Jayenkai
A message from his daughter.

https://zeldawilliams.tumblr.com/post/94586234216/my-family-has-always-been-private-about-our-time

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 13 Aug 2014, 14:57
Afr0

Wed, 13 Aug 2014, 20:55
9572AD
Here in the US you never stop hearing about depression because there are sixty different anti-depressant drug adverts playing at you every hour, so for me the fact that Williams' death has brought non-stop depression commentary and closet depression experts to every corner of the Web as well is bloody annoying.

The focus should be on his life, not on blah blah blah depression.

-=-=-
All the raw, animal magnetism of a rutabaga.
Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 06:39
Afr0
As a sufferer myself, his death affected me more than it otherwise would have done.
I think telling people to focus on his life is a bit superfluous - he gave laughter to millions for decades. Last night I saw a movie with my sister starring him and Mila Kunis, and it made me smile and laugh for the first time since hearing about his death.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 06:56
steve_ancell
I have very bad depression & anxiety disorder, been battling them for more years than I care to remember, but hanging doesn't appeal to me although I have had plenty of suicidal thoughts over the years.

Robin should be remembered for making us all piss ourselve's with laughter, but the media seems to have turned it into a depression awareness

campaign.
Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 07:17
Afr0
but the media seems to have turned it into a depression awareness campaign.

I think this is good. The fact that Robin died and everyone seemed completely taken aback by it, including his family, just goes to show that people aren't aware of what depression is.
And I think at least here in Norway, there are stigmas attached to psychic disorders. More awareness helps those stigmas go away.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 07:32
steve_ancell
It's not just Norway, people in the UK distance themselve's from people with mental health issues. We even have some GP's that try to make it sound so easy just to jump up and down and shake yourself around type thing, trying to make the rest of the population sneer-down at us and make it seem like it's all a put-on as if we are hypocondriacs or something. Well those kind of people don't have a fucking clue what they are talking about.

I fully understand what you are going through Mats, but depression awareness should have been recognised decades or even longer ago. Robin Williams should be remembered purely as the man that made us all piss our pants.
Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 07:34
rockford
there are stigmas attached to psychic disorders

That would be psychiatric disorders. Having a psychic disorder would mean you're a member of the X-Men!

Joking aside, as some of you may know I've been working in the mental health field for over twenty years and worked with hundreds people with mental health issues, including depression (and bi-polar).

The amount of ignorance that the general internet wielding public have is unbelievable - pretty much every forum I've visited has sooo much bullshit on them. I have to bite my tongue on many boards

Anything that helps to bring mental health to the forefront, even in tragic circumstances such as this, is good; even if it appears to be only a little. Far too many people are happy with their ignorance of mental health issues.
Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 07:35
steve_ancell
Even after his passing, whenever I hear his name I automatically think of the opening scene from Mork & Mindy, the part where the egg-shaped space-cruiser flies across the screen, NANOO-NANOOOO!

|edit| Had to go back and edit a couple of spelling mistakeses there, or I may not slepp tonight!. |edit|
Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 11:40
Jayenkai

View on YouTube
Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 12:53
rockford
It's such a shame that Robin Williams isn't alive to see tributes like this.

Fantastic stuff.
Thu, 21 Aug 2014, 12:00
dna
Tat song was a bit of work
Sat, 23 Aug 2014, 07:41
Afr0

Doodle I did for my blog.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Sat, 23 Aug 2014, 09:11
Jayenkai
A heartfelt tribute.
Sat, 23 Aug 2014, 10:03
Afr0
Don't know if that was sarcasm or not, but the thing is that sometimes when I draw, it just comes out as cartoony. And in this case I thought it fit the bill, as I wanted to emphasize his many cartoon characters.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games