-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|455|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Unity

Tue, 15 Jul 2014, 18:28
dna
Do you guys now see that the Unity Engine is not free anymore? It was good while it lasted.

-=-=-
DNA
Tue, 15 Jul 2014, 18:28
dna
Maybe the Free version of https://unity3d.com/ had some restriction that I never knew of, but its gone I think

-=-=-
DNA
Wed, 16 Jul 2014, 02:35
cyangames
Eh? That seems a little odd if true. I have downloaded copies of the older ones stored on my hard drive in any case if so.

Just visited the site, seems to still have the free version up here.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Wed, 16 Jul 2014, 04:08
Jayenkai
It was never "Free", it was more of a demo than anything.
There's no denying that Unity is, and will continue to be, the most popular dev-platform of the current time.
.. But anything which puts mouse-clicks above HomeKeys isn't the right sort of language for me.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 16 Jul 2014, 07:17
9572AD
Anything that takes seven years to include a simple 2D box isn't the sort of language for me.

-=-=-
All the raw, animal magnetism of a rutabaga.
Wed, 16 Jul 2014, 15:51
dna
@rychan: I might be looking in the wrong place.
the reason I posted this question is that Purebasic had released something called 'spider basic'.

It's not Unity by any means but I was curious about the comparisons.

-=-=-
DNA
Thu, 17 Jul 2014, 02:21
therevillsgames
I am missing anything, when I go to their download section I see:

"Get the free version of Unity for Windows. It’s fully functional, yours to keep and includes publishing support for the full range of mobile platforms, desktop and the Web. It also comes with a 30-day trial of Unity Pro."

https://unity3d.com/unity/download

Thu, 17 Jul 2014, 13:05
dna
Thanks for the link Evil One.

I was looking in the wrong place.

-=-=-
DNA